Sweet and Sour Dumplings in Yogurt are delectable to eat. In the holy month of Ramadan we prefer to make in Iftar time. Follow this easy recipe and enjoy the homemade taste of Sweet and Sour Dumplings in Yogurt.
Sweet and Sour Dumplings
Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Daal mash ½ kg
- Plain flour 4 tbsp
- Baking powder ½ tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Oil for frying
For Sweet Yogurt
- yogurt ½ kg
- Sugar ½ cup
- For Salty Yogurt
- Red chili crush 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Zeera powder ½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt ½ kg
- Red chili powder 2 tbsp
- Khatai powder 2 tbsp
- Chaat masala 2 tbsp
- Zeera powder 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chop daal mash in chopper first without water. When combine nicely, include ¼ cup water. Include more ¼ cup water and blend.
- Add baking powder, salt and plain flour and mix again. Chop it until daal mash mix well. It will be a smooth paste. Shift it in a bowl.
- Heat oil on medium flame when the oil is warm then slow the flame.
- Drop dumplings in small amount with hand in oil. Fry by turning until golden.
- Add water in a bowl and place hot dumplings in water after taking out from oil. Keep them in water 7-8 minutes or until next one dumpling fried.
- Now press dumpling to squeeze water and shift them in a plate.
- Place yogurt in muslin cloth to drop excess water. When water run out. Press it more for taking out yogurt.
- Include sugar in yogurt and mix.
- Set dumpling in serving dish, pour sweet yogurt on dumpling and serve.
- Do the yogurt with the above way.
- Add all ingredients in yogurt and mix well.
- Add 4-5 tbsp oil in pan, add 4-5 bay leaves, 1/2tbsp zeera powder and mix.
- Set dumpling in serving dish, pour yogurt then oil masala on dumpling and serve.
- Heat up pan and add all spices in pan. Mix all on slow heat, move spoon continually 2-3 minutes.
- Shift it on dry plate and cool.