Tandoori Mutton Chops Recipe is utterly mouthwatering. For getting a perfect juicy taste you need to boil first. After that marinade with a spicy masala and pan fry. At the end smoke aroma gives it a tantalizing flavor.
If you are going to host a party, boil chops before time and marinade them. When the guests arrive pan fry and serve hot. Reheating may not give them such exciting taste that you can get with fresh pan fried chops.
Also See: Yogurt Chops
Tandoori Lamb Chops Recipe
- Mutton chops ½ kg
- Onion 1 small (chopped)
- Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste) 1 & ½ tbs
- Namak (Salt) ½ tsp or to taste
- Haldee powder (Turmeric powder) ½ tsp
- Pani (Water) 1 & ½ Cups or as required
- Dhania powder (Coriander powder) ½ tbs
- Lal mirch powder (Red chilli powder) 1 tsp or to taste
- Garam masala powder ½ tsp
- Javatri powder (Mace powder) ¼ tsp
- Jaifil powder (Nutmeg powder) ¼ tsp
- Zeera (Cumin seeds) roasted & crushed 1 tsp
- Hari mirch (Green chilli) paste 1 tbs
- Lemon juice 1 tbs
- Dahi (Yogurt) ½ Cup
- Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) chopped 2 tbs
- Tandoori masala 1 tbs
- Cooking oil 3 tbs
- Koyla (Charcoal) for smoke
- In pot, add mutton chops, onion, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder and water
- Mix well and bring it to boil, cover and cook on low flame for 25-30 minutes or until tender then cook on high flame until water dries up.
- Let it rest for 6-8 minutes.
- In a bowl, add coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, mace powder, nutmeg powder, cumin seeds ,green chilli paste, lemon juice, yogurt, tandoori masala and mix well.
- Add cooked mutton chops and coat well with masala, cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In frying pan, add cooking oil, place marinated mutton chops with remaining marinade, cover and cook on medium low flame for 5 minutes from both sides until golden brown.
- Give a charcoal smoke for 2 minutes.
- Dish out, sprinkle fresh coriander and serve hot.