Maghaz Fry or brain masala is one of the famous recipes in the world. Where ever you go, you will definitely find brain masala and biryani in Pakistani and Indian restaurants.
Brain Masala is one of my heart favorite dishes that I must order when dining out. This recipe of Brain Masala is my inspired version from famous restaurants in Lahore.
Follow Maghaz Fry Recipe in Urdu and get a fabulous taste. It is perfect to serve on any special occasion.
Brain Masala Recipe in English
- Brain 4 (Goat)
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder ¾ tea spoons (divided)
- Oil ½ cup
- Onion 1 (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tea spoons
- Tomatoes 2 (chopped)
- Green chilies 4 (chopped)
- Red chili crushed 1 tea spoon
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Dry coriander powder 1 tea spoon
- Dry fenugreek 2 tea spoons
- Garam masala powder 1 tea spoon
- Ginger 2 tea spoons (julienned)
- Green chilies 3 (sliced)
- Fresh coriander ½ bunches
- Boil the Brain with ½ tea spoon salt and 1/8 tsp of turmeric powder (Haldi) about 2-3 minutes. Boil cow brain for 15 minutes. Drain, clean, de-vein and cut into coarse pieces.
- Stir fry onion in oil until golden then add ginger paste and garlic paste.
- Next include tomatoes, green chilies, crushed red chili, cumin powder, dry coriander powder, remaining turmeric powder, and salt. Stir about 2 minutes and include ½ cup water to mix all masala. Cook until oil rises.
- Now add brain pieces and dry fenugreek, stir carefully and cook.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder, ginger, green chilies, fresh coriander, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Brain masala is ready to serve with paratha, naan or chappati.