Jalebi is considered difficult to make at home, but Chef Zakir made it easy with complete instructions. Follow this recipe and entertain your family and guests with jalebi.
- Plain flour ½ kg p
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp b
- Rung kaat 1/4 tsp
- Special mulmul cloth of julabi
- Water as required
- Oil for fry
- Sugar ½ kg
- Water 1 liter
- Add ½ cup water first in plain flour, mix it then add more water and mix. Total add one and half cups to two cups water in plain flour slowly.
- After mixing well, stir in baking powder and rung kaat.
- Beat the mixture up and down with hand. Do this process until batter comes in a single layer.
- Keep it on normal temperature for 8-10 minutes.
- Take oil in a flat wok (special wok use for frying jalebi) about 1/2 inches up in wok and heat it on medium flame.
- Make a thin hole in center of mulmul cloth and place it openly on bowl and add two cooking spoon of mixture in it and turn cloth well. (keep cloth on bowl if mixture drop, it will drop in bowl).
- Make jalebi’s in wok and fry them until golden.
- Take out from oil and keep in sugar syrup for a few minutes.
Cook sugar in 1 glass of water until average thick. Use it when cool.