Zarda is traditional sweet rice that often serves in weddings in place of dessert. Cooking perfect zerda is tricky because usually rice gets hard. This is one of easy recipe with right amount of ingredients, carefully follow it and prepare delicious zarda for your family.
- Saila rice 3 cups (soaked)
- Cloves 4 (divided)
- Cardamoms 6-8 (divided)
- Lemon juice 2 tea spoons
- Milk 1 cup
- Sugar 2 ½ cups
- Pistachios 50 gm (sliced)
- Almonds 50 gm (sliced)
- Coconut 50 gm (sliced)
- Colored ashrafies 1/4 cup ((sliced))
- Clarified butter 1/2 cup
- Yellow food color few drops
- Green food color few drops
- Red food color few drops
- Water as required
- Boiled eggs 2 (sliced) for garnish
- Boil water with 2 cloves and 3 green cardamoms, put rice and cook till three-fourth done. Drain water and turn the rice out in a bowl.
- In another large bowl mix milk, sugar, nuts, and ashrafies. Transfer rice and mix gently.
- Stir fry rest of cardamoms and cloves in clarified butter. When an aroma starts, add rice and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Cover and cook over high heat for five minutes or until milk dries.
- Drop different colors on rice and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with boiled eggs and serve delicious Zarda.