This is a famous Burns Road Karachi, Waheed Kay Fry Kabab Recipe. As the name suggest kabab, but this is not typical kabab recipe. Quite different and delicious mince dish which you must love. The recipe is tried and tested by home chef Saima Hussain.
Saima says, she added one heaped tbsp of seekh kabab masala also, but that is optional and do check your masala if you want more spicy you may add masala later as well but remember to roast it a little then add.
She Serves it with chapati and BBQ Chutney or mint raita.
Amazing BBQ Chuney Recipe
- Handful off imli
- One bunch of podina
- Small green chilies
- Round red chilies
- One large tomato
- Zeera 1 tsp
- 2 to 4 desi garlic pieces
- Boil imli in water and take out seed use one cup of Imli paste.
- Blend them all.
- Later add salt to taste.
- BBQ chutney is ready.
- Qeema 1 kg (Hath ka Pisa hua)
- Meat tenderizer 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1.5 tbsp
- Yogurt ½ cup
- Garam flour (besan) 3 tbsp
- Red chili powder 2 tbsp
- Chili flakes 1 tbsp
- Turmeric (haldi) 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tbsp
- Fresh black pepper (ground) 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil/ ghee or butter 1 cup
- Small onion 1
- Coal for smoke (dum)
- Marinate qeema with tenderizer, ginger garlic paste and yogurt for half and hour.
- Now in a pan put all dry ingredients and roast dry masala till you get smell of besan and masala and it slightly changes the color.
- Now add this masala to qeema and marinate for another half and hour.
- Fry one small onion in ghee or oil, once it gets golden now add marinated qeema.
- Fry a little then add one cup of water and mix and cook on slow flame with lid tightly covered for 30 minutes. Be careful, if water dries out you can add more water
- After 30 minutes check the consistency if it is fine then given coal dum and your yummy Kababs are ready.