Hot Chocolate is a perfect beverage for winters. It’s refreshing, warm, and very comforting on those chilly evenings in winter time!
Mexican Hot Drink tastes great too – I’ve tried it out when I was having some cough problems last week and my voice became smoother after drinking this yummy drink.
I followed Laura Vitale’s recipe, slightly modifying it to my preference and the result was nothing short of amazing!
Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Whole milk 2 cups
- Bittersweet chocolate ½ cup (chopped)
- Milk chocolate 2/3 cup (chopped)
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract 1/4 tsp
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small sauce pan, heat the milk over medium heat until it is almost at the boiling point but making sure not to let it boil.
- Take it off the heat and add the both kinds of chopped chocolate along with the sugar.
- Let sit for one minute and then whisk, put the mixture back on the heat to let it get a bit hotter.
- Serve in a large mug with some whipped cream.