Hot Chocolate is a perfect beverage for winters. Followed Laura Vitale’s recipe, slightly modifying it to my preference and it turned out to be the best Hot Drink I’ve tasted yet. Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink is another flavorsome taste of hot beverage that is highly liked by kids.
Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Whole milk 2 cups
- Bittersweet chocolate ½ cup (chopped)
- Milk chocolate ⅔ cup (chopped)
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract ¼ tsp
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small sauce pan, heat the milk over medium heat until it is almost at the boiling point but making sure not to let it boil.
- Take it off the heat and add the both kinds of chopped chocolate along with the sugar.
- Let sit for one minute and then whisk, put the mixture back on the heat to let it get a bit hotter.
- Serve in a large mug with some whipped cream.