This is by no means the authentic recipe for Fish N Chips but it is very tasty and easy to make. Marinaded pretty much within minutes and shallow fried until crispy, golden, and flaky from the inside.
Paired with coleslaw, tartar sauce, and Tajin fries! Fish Broast, Fish Fingers, and Spicy Fish Cubes are also delicious fish recipes. If you are looking for fish with some gravy then look at Fish Achari, just amazing tasted fish.
Easy Fish N Chips Recipe
- Fish fillet 4 large
- For the Batter
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (Or substitute with dry parsley)
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup water
- Rub the fish fillets with a few teaspoons of vinegar.
- Put all purpose flour, corn starch, baking soda, salt, dried basil, chili flakes, black pepper, red chili powder and garlic powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add water depending on the consistency. The batter should not be thin and not too thick. Should generously coat the fish but not too doughy.
- Heat some oil until medium hot. Dip the fish fillets in the marinade and then shallow fry until the fish is golden and crisp and cooked from the inside.
- For the fries, I just fried frozen fries, once done, sprinkle Tajin seasoning on it. It is a delicious tangy and spicy seasoning that is available at Hispanic or international stores.