The health benefits of ginger as a powerful root vegetable are numerous. Ginger has a calming and soothing flavour with a touch of a bite to it that helps to keep you alert and calm. It has for many centuries been used as a natural medicine to cure all types of common ailments, and according to studies, it can even help to prevent serious life-threatening diseases. Ginger is commonly used to help an upset stomach, motion or travel sickness or general low-grade fevers. It is also excellent for nausea and for warming you up when you feel cold (it stimulates cold hands and feet), and is esteemed as a “heating herb”. Ginger is reputed to help ward off colds or improve your recovery time.
Get benefits of ginger in cold days by making Ginger Coffee. Ginger Coffee has a spicy, invigorating taste with molasses and brown sugar. For an additional taste top coffee with cream.
How to Make Ginger Coffee
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
For Each Serving
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- Milk, as required
- Whipped cream, optional
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the molasses, brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon.
- For each serving, place 2 teaspoons molasses mixture in a mug. Add 1 cup hot coffee; stir until combined.
- Serve with milk, whipped cream and cinnamon if desired.
Cover and store remaining molasses mixture in the refrigerator for up to two weeks