Make Wonton Wrappers at home easily by following this recipe. You can use Wonton Wrappers for dim sum and Fried Dumplings with Chili Sauce
Basic Wonton Wrappers Recipe
How to Make Wonton Wrappers
- Egg 1
- All purpose flour 2 cups
- Salt ½ tsp
- Water ¼ cup or as required
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl, mix in the water.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the center of flour and pour egg mixture slowly and mix it. If the mixture is too dry add a little water and make a smooth dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until elastic. Cut dough into two separate balls. Cover the balls with a damp cloth for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Keep one half covered while you roll out the other one on a surface lightly coated with all purpose flour. Roll out as thin as you possibly can.
- Cut into 3.5 inch squares. You can make about 24 wraps. Use in the recipe calling for wonton wraps.