You can make the dough by kneading with hands, but some times I use my stand mixer to make the process easy and quick.
Basic Wonton Wrappers Recipe
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- Egg 1
- All-purpose flour 2 cups
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Water 1/4 cup or as required
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl, mix in the water.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the center of flour and pour egg mixture slowly and mix it. If the mixture is too dry add a little water and make a smooth dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until elastic. Cut dough into two separate balls. Cover the balls with a damp cloth for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Keep one half covered while you roll out the other one on a surface lightly coated with all purpose flour. Roll out as thin as you possibly can.
- Cut into 3.5 inch squares. You can make about 24 wraps.
- Use wonton wrappers immediately or freeze for later use.
(DISCLOSURE: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. These links are provided to help you find products we mention in the recipe. If you make any purchase after clicking through one of our links, we receive a small commission from Amazon, nothing from you).