Make Wonton Wrappers at home easily by following this recipe. I use these Wonton Wrappers for fajita roll and Fried Dumplings. Both turn out amazing.
You can make the dough by kneading with hands, but sometimes I use my stand mixer to make the process easy and quick.
Basic Wonton Wrappers Recipe
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- Egg 1
- All-purpose flour 2 cups
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Water 1/4 cup or as required
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl, mix in the water.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour and pour egg mixture slowly and mix it. If the mixture is too dry add a little water and make a smooth dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until elastic. Cut dough into two separate balls. Cover the balls with a damp cloth for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Keep one half covered while you roll out the other one on a surface lightly coated with all-purpose flour. Roll out as thin as you possibly can.
- Cut into 3.5-inch squares. You can make about 24 wraps.
- Use wonton wrappers immediately or freeze for later use.