I just saw this recipe on a facebook page, I liked it so thought to upload on my blog. Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes are best for kids and even elders too love to eat them.
White sugar 3/4 cups
Pineapple juice 4 tbsp
All purpose flour 3/4 cups
Baking powder 1 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Butter 1/4 cup or 4 tbsp
Brown sugar 2/3 cup
Pineapple rings 1-can
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, add eggs, white sugar, and pineapple juice. Beat for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and turn mixer back on for 2 minutes.
- Topping: Melt the butter in a small sauce pan and add the brown sugar. Stir on low heat for one minute.
- Spoon a layer of the warm brown sugar mixture into the bottom of each muffin tin, then place a pineapple ring on top. Add a cherry in the middle of each pineapple.
- Pour cake mixture over to fill muffin tin 3/4 of the way full. If you are using regular muffin tins, you will need to cut down the rings to fit or just use pineapple chunks.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack and serve.