Pina Colada Pie is relatively a new dessert and a flavorful taste of cream cheese, cream and pineapple filling. A must try dessert for special occasion.
For the Base
- Coconut cookie crumbs crushed 3 cups
- Butter 100 gm
Pina Colada Filling
- Cream cheese 200 gm
- Whipped cream 200 gm
- Pineapple chunks 2 cups
- Coconut milk powder 5 tbsp heaped
- Caster sugar 2 tbsp
- Pineapple essence ½ tsp
- White chocolate chips and glazed cherries to decorate
- Crush the cookie, mix with butter and press in the base of a 9 inch pie plate, bake for 10 minutes on 180 degree.
- For Filling: Whipped cream to soft peaks, add in coconut milk powder, beat cream cheese till smooth, add caster sugar and pineapple essence
- Fold in whipped cream with pineapple chunks, fill the mixture in pie dish, chill until firm.
- Garnish with white chocolate chips and glazed cherries.