Tahini sauce is a famous middle eastern dip that is served with a wide variety like Shawarma, Wraps, Kabab, Grilled Vegetables. Arabic Tahini Dip Recipe is a combination of tahini paste, lemon juice, and olive oil.
In Arabic Tahini Dip Recipe you will first learn how to make Tahini Paste then using the same paste you will make Tahini Dip.
Arabic Tahini Dip Recipe
- For Tahini Paste
- Sesame seeds 1 cup
- Olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- For Tahini Sauce
- Tahini paste ½ cup
- Lukewarm water ¼ cup
- Garlic 2 small cloves
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Parsley 1 tbsp
For Tahini Paste
- Dry roast sesame seeds in a non stick pan until fragrant. Remove and cool completely.
- Add sesame seeds in a food processor and process until crumbly.
- Now add olive oil and process again about 2 minutes. Stop in between and scrap the sides of food processor. Check the consistency, it should be smooth. If it needs more time then process again.
- Mix in salt and taste it. If needs add a little salt.
For Tahini Sauce
- Process together tahini paste, lukewarm water, garlic cloves, lemon juice and salt until creamy. Scrape the sides of food processor.
- If the sauce is thick then add a bit more lukewarm water.