Winters and boiled eggs come hand in hand. From the flavor to the nutritional value eggs are a complete food. But eating plain boiled egg gets very boring and you sure need the oomph factor.
Look no further and try this Boiled Egg Katakat. Jam-packed with traditional flavors and spices, this dish will tingle your taste buds to the fullest.
Also See: Egg Masala
Easy Boiled Egg Katakat Recipe
Author: Nida Sheikh
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- Hard boiled eggs 6
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Onion 1 medium (finally chopped)
- Tomato 1 large (finally chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Crushed red chili ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Crushed cumin ½ tsp
- Crushed coriander seeds ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder ¼ tsp
- Beaten egg 2 tbsp
- Green chili 2 (sliced)
- Dry fenugreek leaves 2 tbsp
- Green coriander handful of
- Ginger ( julienne) for garnish
- Peel and cut hard boiled eggs into cubes and keep aside.
- Heat up griddle (tawa) and warm oil.
- Add ginger garlic paste and chopped onion; sauté until onion turns to pink.
- Turn the flame into medium. Now add finely chopped tomato, salt, turmeric powder, crushed red chili, crushed cumin, crushed coriander seeds, black pepper powder, and garam masala powder.
- Mix nicely then add yogurt, mix well and mash everything with spatula till becomes coarse paste.
- Now add boiled eggs, green chilies, coriander leaves, dried fenugreek leaves.
- Mix well and again cut and mash the mixture with spatula throughout the cooking to get very small pieces of eggs.
- Garnish with ginger julienne.
- Serve hot with paratha or naan.