Popular soups can be divided into two groups: CLEAR and THICK soup. Clear soups are generally more healthy as they have the least amount of calories while thick soups usually contain a lot of starch, sometimes cream, and other high carbohydrate ingredients. Personally, I am a big fan of Clear Soups.
This chicken and vegetable soup is not only mouth-watering & colorful, it’s super healthy and easy to make too. This is made with clear strained broth.
A meal in itself that you can serve with crusty bread. This ultra-flavorful Chicken Vegetable Soup is all you need to stay warm and healthy in this cold weather.
Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
For Chicken Stock
- Chicken with bones half kg / 500 grms
- Bay leaves 3 to 4
- Diced onion 1 large
- Carrot 1 large diced
- Ginger 4 to 5 pieces
- Whole black pepper 15 to 20
- Water 2 & half liter
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic finely chopped 1 tsp
- Onion chopped 1 medium-sized
- Peas 1 cup
- Carrot 1 cup cubes
- Cabbage 1 cup sliced
- Potato 1 cup cubes
- Boiled & shredded chicken 1 cup
- Sweet corns 1 tin(half tin blend with some water and use half as it is)
- Salt 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder or freshly crushed 1 tsp
- 2 beaten eggs
- Chicken stock that we prepared before
- Put all ingredients in a cooking pot, when it starts to boil foam will appear on top remove it with the help of a spoon, by removing this u will get a clear stock.
- When all-foam removed cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes take out chicken pieces from stock, shred it and set aside….let the stock simmer on medium-low flame for 30 to 40 minutes with the lid on.
- Stock is ready to drain it through a sieve and keeps it aside.
- Fry garlic and onion in oil until translucent.
- Add in peas and carrot and stir fry for 20 seconds.
- Add in cabbage and fry for 10 seconds.
- And now mix in potatoes and chicken.
- Pour in chicken stock, salt and let it cook with the lid on after 30 minutes mash 50% potatoes (this step will thicken our soup because I am not adding cornstarch).
- Add in sweets corns and blended corns too (These blended corns will also thicken our soup).
- Add black pepper mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then on boiling soup pour eggs and stir a little.
- Adjust salt and pepper according to your taste.