Anda Chana is a popular dish in Lahore that is mostly taken in breakfast with hot naan.
Most people eat it at a restaurant since they believe that the same taste and texture cannot be replicated at home.
Well, this is a wrong perception. When you have an authentic recipe then this is not difficult at all.
Anda Chana Recipe is very simple and it needs a maximum of 18-20 minutes of cooking.
You need to soak chane (chickpeas) overnight with baking soda for a soft texture.
Follow Easy Pakistani Food Recipe, serve with hot naan and enjoy with your family.
Also Check: Channa Masala
Easy Anda Chana Recipe
- Channe (chickpeas) 250gm
- Baking soda 1 tbsp
- Ghee/oil ½ cup
- Cloves 2-3
- Cinnamon sticks 2
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric 1 pinch
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder ½ tsp
- Masoor lentil (pink lentil) 3-4 tbsp
- Boiled eggs 4
- Soak channe (chick peas) in water with ½ tbsp baking soda. Cover and leave overnight.
- In the morning drain the water. Again add water (almost 2 glasses water) and remaining baking soda in chick peas and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat ghee/oil in pressure cooker, sizzle cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté until an aroma rise.
- Now add salt, turmeric, red chili powder, black pepper powder and chane (chick peas) along same soda water.
- Add masoor lentil (pink lentil). Cover lid of pressure cooker and keep on weight for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid; mash a few chick peas with spoon. Adjust consistency of channe and gravy.
- Dish out in bowl, add boiled eggs and serve with naan.
Also Read our Best Stovetop Pressure Cooker