Pakistani desi recipes are always a hit in families just like Chicken Karahi. Among so many Chicken Karahi Recipes this is one of best with mouthwatering taste. Chef Shireen Anwar used simple ingredients in this recipe. Marination of chicken with yogurt enhance the taste.
Pakistani Chicken Karahi Recipe
- Chicken 1 kg (16 pieces)
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1½ tsp
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds 2 tsp (crushed)
- Oil ½ cup
- Coriander 1 tsp (crushed)
- Green cardamom 4
- Cloves 4
- Onions 1 cup (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Tomatoes 3 (chopped)
- Green chilies 3 (chopped)
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves hand full off (chopped)
- Ginger for garnish
- Marinate chicken with yogurt, chili powder, salt, turmeric, cumin and coriander for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan; add green cardamom, cloves with onion. Fry till golden.
- Add in chopped ginger garlic. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add marinated chicken and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and green chilies. Cover and cook till tomatoes soft and oil comes on top.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder; garnish with chopped coriander, green chilies and ginger.
- Serve with tandoori roti and zeera raita.
Other Recommended Recipes