Who doesn’t love macaroni and cheese? It is the ultimate comfort food and has the most amazing flavor ever. To enhance that tasteful experience, even more, try these easy fried mac and cheese balls! They are not only simple to make but also account for a perfect snack for both kids and adults. This recipe is very quick to make and tummy-filling as well.
You Might Also Love to Try Bread Lasagna Recipe
Mac and Cheese Balls Recipe
- Macaroni 1 cup
- Boneless chicken 100g
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Cheddar cheese ½ cup (grated)
- Butter 1 and ½ tbsp
- All-purpose flour (maeda) 1 and ½ tbsp
- Milk ½ cup
- Egg 1 (beaten)
- Bread crumbs as required
- Oil for deep fry
- Add chicken in cooking pan along with salt and ½ tsp black pepper powder. Add a splash of water.
- Cook until chicken tender and water dries.
- Shred the chicken and keep aside.
- Boil macaroni in salted water. Also, add 1 tbsp oil in boiling water.
- When macaroni turns to soft. Drain it.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the flour and stir vigorously until the mixture is bubbling and an aroma arises.
- Remove pan from heat and slowly whisk milk into the flour mixture until fully incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Return pan on the heat and cook while stirring until sauce is thick and bubbly. Remove pan from heat.
- Now add boiled macaroni, shredded chicken, grated cheese, ½ tsp black pepper powder, and a little salt in flour mixture.
- Mix to combine, then taste for salt and adjust according to taste.
- Let it cool to room temperature, then place the mixture into the fridge to harden about 30 minutes.
- Once it is cooled. Make balls out of the mixture.
- Dip balls in egg then coat bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry balls. Roll them around so they brown evenly. Fry until they are golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve immediately with sauce.