Chicken Schezwan or Schezwan Chicken is a classic flavor combination of chicken, vegetables, garlic and chili sauce and whole red chilies. Boiled rice are ideal accompaniment for this quick and delicious dish.
This is a tried and tested recipe of Chicken Schezwan by our home chef Adan Fatima.
Chicken Schezwan Recipe
- Boneless chicken 300 grams
- Carrot 1
- Capsicum/bell pepper 1
- Onion 1
- Cabbage 1 cup
- Spring onion 1
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Garlic 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Dry whole red pepper 5 to 6
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Chili garlic sauce 4 tbsp
- Corn flour/corn starch 1/2 tsp
- First of cut chicken and all veggies in Julienne shape.
- In a wok on medium heat add oil and garlic when garlic start changing color add chicken and cook it on high flame until water dries out.
- Now add all veggies and cook on medium heat fry them for 1 to 2 minutes and add dry whole red chilies, black pepper, salt, soya sauce, chili garlic sauce and now cook it on high flame.
- Dissolve corn flour in 1/4 cup of water and add into the veggies and cook it for one minute on high flame.
- Remove and serve it with boil rice.