Have you ever wanted to put a little western style spin on your boring old protein dish? If you’re one of those culinary risk takers then you will love this simple yet delicious Orange Chicken recipe. With the perfect level of citrus taste to the umami chicken flavor, this dish is a crowd-pleaser.
Also Try: Delicious Almond Chicken
Orange Chicken Recipe Healthy
Author: Panda Express
Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Boneless chicken thighs 500g
- Salt ½ tsp
- White pepper ½ tsp
- Corn flour ½ cup
- All purpose flour 1 cup (maeda)
- Egg 1
- Water ½ cup or as required
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Oil for fry
For Orange Sauce
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Chili flakes ¼ tsp
- Ginger paste ½ tsp
- Garlic paste ½ tsp
- White sugar ¼ cup
- Brown sugar ¼ cup
- Orange juice ¼ cup
- White vinegar ¼ cup
- Soya sauce 2 tbsp
- Cornflour 2 tbsp (mix in 2 tbsp water)
- Cut chicken into cubes.
- Take a bowl and add salt, white pepper, corn flour and all purpose flour. Mix.
- Add egg, ½ cup water and oil. Whisk the mixture. Add more water if needed to make a normal consistency batter.
- Add chicken in batter and mix. Cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry chicken in badges. Fry until golden.
- Keep fried chicken aside.
For Orange Sauce
- Take another non-stick pan and heat oil.
- Add chili flakes, ginger paste, garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Now add white sugar, brown sugar and orange juice; stir.
- Then add white vinegar, (constantly stir) soya sauce.
- Slowly add corn flour paste and cook until slightly thick.
- Now toss fried chicken in sauce to coat evenly.
- Remove from heat and serve with plain or fried rice.