This is Handi Chargha recipe by Chef Shireen Anwar and our Home Chef Hira Farooq made it at home. It has a tremendous taste and you can serve it alone or with naan and zeera raita. For other veriation try Mughlai Tandoori Chicken
Handi Chargha Recipe
Handi Chargha by Chef Shireen Anwar
Author: Chef Shireen Anwar
- Whole chicken 1 kg
- Vinegar ¼ tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Curry powder 1 tsp (heaped)
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Chaat masala ½ tsp
- Yogurt ¾ cups
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Orange red color quarter tsp
- Apply cuts on chicken, sprinkle salt and vinegar on whole chicken and leave for 4 hours.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Drain water from chicken, and eventually coat chicken with mixed spices and marinade for 2 hours.
- Put carefully chicken in handi and cook till water dries and chicken tender,.
- Take it out from handi and deep fry from both sides until golden.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and lemon juice. Garnish with fresh vegetables and serve warm.
Also Check Chicken Recipes