This is Handi Chargha recipe by Chef Shireen Anwar and our Home Chef Hira Farooq made it at home. It has a tremendous taste and you can serve it alone or with naan and zeera raita. For other veriation try Mughlai Tandoori Chicken
Handi Chargha Recipe
- Whole chicken 1 kg
- Vinegar 1/4 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Curry powder 1 tsp (heaped)
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Chaat masala ½ tsp
- Yogurt ¾ cups
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Orange red color quarter tsp
- Apply cuts on chicken, sprinkle salt and vinegar on whole chicken and leave for 4 hours.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Drain water from chicken, and eventually coat chicken with mixed spices and marinade for 2 hours.
- Put carefully chicken in handi and cook till water dries and chicken tender,.
- Take it out from handi and deep fry from both sides until golden.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and lemon juice. Garnish with fresh vegetables and serve warm.
Also Check Chicken Recipes