Ketchup widely uses in our routine days with junk foods and other fried food. Many people wonder How to Make Tomato Ketchup at Home!
Yes you can prepare it at home easily, just need right ingredients and directions. Chef Shareen Anwar made it in her program. After following her Easy Homemade Tomato Ketchup Recipe, I found it excellent even no one could assume that it was homemade ketchup when I serve to my family and guests.
Tomato Ketchup Recipe
Easy Homemade Tomato Ketchup Recipe
- 2 ½ kg Red ripe Tomatoes
- 1 Onion coarsely chopped
- 2 inch piece Ginger coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch stick Cinnamon
- 6 Black pepper
- 1 tsp White cumin
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Black cardamom
- 1 cup Brown vinegar
- 250 g Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- Wash tomatoes well cut into thick cubes, put in a pan; cover and cook without water.
- When tomatoes become soft remove from heat, sieve well and discard the seeds then peel off skin.
- Make a spice bag with chopped onion, chopped ginger garlic, cinnamon stick, black pepper, cumin seeds, cloves and black cardamom.
- Shift tomato pulp in cooking pan along spice bag, vinegar, sugar, salt and chili powder.
- Cook for at least 20 to 25 minutes till ketchup thick.
- Remove and discard the spice bag. Let it cool and fill ketchup in sterilized bottles.