There are a lots of variation in Karahi, here I am giving you a delicious variety of Afghani Karahi Recipe. For a perfect taste follow the recipe with the right directions and ingredients. Some people use yogurt as alternate of tomato but in this recipe if you use yogurt it will not give a right taste of Afghani Karahi .
Best Afghani Karahi Recipe
- 1 kg Chicken
- ½ kg Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 - ½ tbsp crushed red chilli salt
- 6 Green chilli
- 1 tbsp Whole coriander seeds
- 1 tsp White cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Whole black pepper
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger ( for garnish)
- Roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds and black pepper and grind them all.
- Fry chicken in ghee and take it out in plate.
- Put sliced tomatoes in a pan and cover them so they will get soft in steam and their own water
- Now add ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli, whole green chilies and fry just for 2-3 minutes.
- After that add fried chicken pieces in this tomato gravy and ground spices along ghee (in which we fry chicken) and cover it for about 10 min.
- While serving add coriander leaves, ginger slices and lemon slices .
- Note: u can make it with oil, but I will suggest to make it with ghee once for an authentic taste.