There are many ways to enjoy the lamb! One way is by making a simple yet flavorful dish called Aloo Gosht. The dish is made with lamb and potato, but it’s not your average meal.
This dish has a rich and flavorful taste that goes well with the spices used in its preparation. It’s simple yet delicious, perfect for those who love Pakistani cuisine!
Serve Alloo Gosht with roti, paratha, or brown rice.
How to Make Aloo Gosht
- Mutton/lamb with bones ½ kg
- Onions 3 medium (sliced)
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tea spoons
- Green chilies 4 (chopped)
- Tomatoes 2 medium (chopped)
- Turmeric powder ½ tea spoon
- Red chili powder 1-1/2 tea spoons
- Salt to taste
- Potatoes 4 medium (cut in half)
- Ghee ½ cup
- Fresh coriander leaves ½ cup
- Green chilies 4 (sliced)
- Garam masala powder 1 tea spoon
- For Pan Cooking: Add lamb/mutton, onion, ginger garlic paste, chopped green chilies, tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, and 2 glasses water in a pan (water quantity depends on quality of meat). Cook till meat tender.
- For Pressure Cooker Cooking: Add all step 1 ingrecients with 1 glass of water in pressure cooker. Close the lid and cook for 10-15 minutes. (Depends on quality of meat)
- Now add oil and cook over high flame till oil becomes separate and masala mixed well.
- Add potato into meat and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add enough water that cooks potatoes and your desire gravy left.
- When potatoes are soft, add fresh coriander leaves and sliced green chilies. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and serve with paratha, roti or brown rice.