This luscious egg breakfast recipe features with potato, onion and peas. Potato Frittata is a fantastic recipe to start your day. Even it is superb for your kids lunch. Even this recipe goes great in Ramadan Menu.
Baked Potato Frittata
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Onions 2 (thinly sliced)
- Garlic 3 Cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Ground coriander 1 tsp
- Ground cumin 1 tsp
- Ground turmeric ½ tsp
- Green chillies 2 (sliced)
- Water as required
- Potatoes 4 medium ( peeled and grated)
- Handful frozen peas
- Eggs 6 (seasoned with salt and black pepper)
- Handful fresh coriander (chopped)
- Little drizzle of Vegetable oil
- Heat the oven to 200C or 180C Fan or Gas Mark 6.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a large oven-proof frying pan. Add in the sliced onions and fry for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Add in the garlic and green chillies, and fry for 1 minute.
- Then, put in the spices and the salt along with a splash of water. Stir and allow them to bubble for a few minutes.
- Add in the grated potato and peas and mix. Cook for 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Season the eggs with the salt and black pepper. Add in half the chopped coriander, and beat.
- Pour the eggs over the potato mixture, swirling to coat everything. Allow to set for 1 minute and then drizzle a little vegetable oil around the sides.
- If your pan isn’t oven-proof then cover the handles with foil.
- Place in to the oven to bake for about 10 minutes or until the eggs have set.
- Remove on to a serving plate after about 10 minutes, and garnish with the rest of the coriander.
Adapted from BBC Good Food