Chicken Manchurian by Chef Kokab Khawaja
We mostly order Chicken Manchurain at restaurant because many of us think it’s difficult to make at home. This is one of the best Chicken Manchurian recipes that I have ever tried. I must say it is very similar to restaurant taste. Serve delicious chicken Manchurian with Chicken Fried Rice or Vegetable Fried Rice.
Chicken Manchurian Recipe
- Chicken boneless 250g (cubed)
- Corn flour 1 ½ tsp
- Sugar ½ tsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Black pepper ½ tsp (optional)
- Oil 1 tsp
- Oil for fry
- Chicken stock 1 ½ cups
- Tomato ketchup ½ cup
- Corn flour 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Oil ¼ cup
- Ginger garlic 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilies 2 (finely chopped)
- Food color 1 drop
- Marinade chicken with corn flour, sugar, salt, black pepper and oil. Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Heat ½ cup oil and fry the chicken until tender. Remember it should be white in color (no matter if it does not cook completely). Keep it aside.
- In a bowl mix 1 cup stock, tomato ketchup, corn flour, red chili powder, salt, sugar, and vinegar. Keep it aside.
- Heat ¼ cup oil in the cooking pan, sauté finely chopped ginger garlic then add fried chicken, green chili. Mix nicely.
- Now add remaining ½ cup stock and allow to cook until stock dries and chicken tender.
- Stir the sauce in mixing bowl and add in chicken. Cook until sauce thick.
- The sauce would be in orange color so if you like then add food color and remove.
- Dish out and serve with fried rice.