Beef haleem is deliciously served with crispy fried onion, Julian ginger, green chilies, lemon wedges, and chaat masala.
You can also use homemade haleem masala in it. Just cut down the quantity of spices in half.
How to Make Beef Haleem without Packet Masala
- Beef boneless ½ kg
- Black lentil (Maash ki dhal) ¼ cup
- Pink lentil (Masoor dhal) ¼ cup
- Green lentil (Moong dhal) ¼ cup
- Gram lentil (Chena dhal) ½ cup
- Crushed wheat grain (daliya) ½ cup
- Turmeric powder 2 teaspoons (divided)
- Oil 1 cup
- Onion 1 medium (thinly sliced)
- Ginger garlic paste 4 teaspoons
- Whole spices 2 teaspoons
- Tomatoes 3 (chopped)
- Green chilies 8 (chopped)
- Red chili powder 2 teaspoons
- Coriander powder 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Crispy fried onion
- Green chilies (slices)
- Ginger (Julian)
- Chaat masala
- Soak wheat grain in a separate bowl overnight.
- Soak all lentils in a bowl for 2-3 hours.
- Boil all lentils in a large pan with 6 glass water and 1 teaspoon turmeric powder until tender and mushy.
- Boil wheat in a separate small pan with 2 glass water and ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder until tender and mushy.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry onion to golden brown color. Sauté ginger, garlic paste, and whole spices for about 3 minutes then add meat and cook.
- Then add tomatoes, green chilies, red chili powder, remaining turmeric powder, coriander powder, and salt. Cook for a while then adds a sufficient amount of water to tender the meat. Cook until meat soft and tender.
- Now mix the lentils and wheat grains with the meat and mix well properly.
- Let it cool a little that you can handle it easily.
- Now grind in a food processor.
- Place the pan on fire and cook more over low heat about 10-15 minutes until thick.
- Arrange crispy onion, green chilies, Julian ginger, and lemon wedges on a plate and serve haleem with hot Naan.