Healthy Homemade Ice cream Recipes
When we put a teaspoon of ice cream in our mouth we feel a sensation that is not easy to describe. Sweetness, creaminess and freshness envelop our senses giving us an immediate pleasure.
When it comes to healthy homemade ice cream the choice is vast.
We are sharing ice cream recipes without eggs and one of them is using egg yolks. All different types of ice cream recipes have an ultimate taste and you never regret.
7 Healthy Homemade Ice cream Recipes
Here is a list of best ice cream recipes that you can make at home without any ice cream maker.
Quick Access to Recipes
1- Cassatta Ice Cream Cake
Cassatta Ice Cream is layered Italian Ice Cream. Cassatta Ice Cream cake is made in layers of different ice cream flavors along with layers of cake. You can use ice cream of your choice. In this recipe pistachio, strawberry and chocolate ice cream is used. Cassatta Ice Cream Cake is delicious in summer for serving.
- Sponge cake 1
- Fruit syrup ½ cup
For the first layer
- Pistachio ice cream ½ litre
- Chopped pistachios 10-15
For the second layer
- Strawberry ice cream ½ litre
- Finely chopped strawberries 2-3
For the third layer
- Chocolate ice cream ½ litre
- Chocolate chips ½ cup
For the Garnish
- Grated chocolate
- Whipped cream 1 cup
- Chopped dried mixed fruit and nuts (almonds, sultanas, currants, raisins) ½ cup
- For the first layer, line a loaf tin with cling film. Keep the ice creams in the fridge so they soften.
- Mix chopped pistachios in the pistachio ice cream. Add finely chopped strawberries in the strawberry ice cream and chocolate chips in the chocolate ice cream.
- To layer the cassatta ice cream, first put a thin layer of the sponge cake and moisten with fruit syrup, then add the pistachio ice cream, smooth the top and let freeze.
- Then once it is well frozen, add a thin layer of sponge cake, moisten again and then the strawberry ice cream and let freeze.
- Next again a thin sponge layer, moisten and then add the chocolate ice cream on top.
- Cover with cling and let all freeze well.
- Next day unmold from loaf tin, remove cling carefully and put on a serving platter.
- Beat cream till stiff add in the chopped dried mixed nuts and fruits and level on top lastly sprinkle grated chocolate. Serve immediately in slices
2- Pineapple Jelly Ice Cream
Made with evaporated milk, cream, condense milk and pineapple jelly; this Pineapple Jelly Ice Cream does not need any ice cream machine. Instead this is very simple to make homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker. A perfect frozen dessert recipe by our Home Chef Nadia Hassan that you will surly love to eat.
- Semi frozen evaporated milk 200 ml or 1 measuring cup
- Tetra pack cream 250 ml
- Condense milk ½ tin (if you like more sweetened you can add ¾ tin)
- Pineapple jelly 1 packet (80 gms)
- Yellow food color As required
- Beat semi frozen evaporated milk till it becomes double in volume..
- In a separate bowl combine tetra cream, condense milk, Pineapple jelly & food color.
- Beat very well till sugar and grains of jelly fully dissolved & it turned into smooth creamy mixture.
- Now add this mixture to the evaporated milk & beat again on slow speed to incorporate with each other.
- Pour this mixture into an air tight box & let it to freeze for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
3- Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
Ice Cream is one of favorite frozen dessert of people and ice cream flavor is the second most likely flavor in world. Find this easy and simple recipe to make Chocolate Ice Cream at home.
- Gelatin powder 1 tbsp
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Sweetened condensed milk 1 (14 ounce) can
- Chocolate syrup 2/3 cup
- Thick cream 2 cups
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with aluminum foil.
- In a pan, sprinkle gelatin powder over milk and let it get foamy.
- In a large bowl, stir together condensed milk and chocolate syrup until color is even.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold cream into chocolate mixture.
- Gently heat the gelatin mixture, let cool and add in ice cream.
- Now pour all into prepared pan. Cover and freeze 6 hours, preferably overnight, until firm.
4- Honey and Date Ice Cream
If your family is date lover then Honey and Date Ice Cream will hit in your family. Drizzle honey on top for a gorgeous look.
- Cream 2 cups
- Honey ½ cup
- Chopped Dates 1 cup
- Raisins ½ cup
- Chopped Almonds ½ cup
- Gelatin Powder 1 tsp
- Condensed Milk 1 cup
- Vanilla Powder ½ tsp
- Beat 2 cups of cream until fluffy.
- Add in honey, chopped dates, raisins and almonds.
- Dissolve 1 tsp gelatin with some water.
- In a bowl, mix together cream, dry fruits, Gelatin, condensed milk and vanillas powder.
- Put it in the air tight jar and freeze it for 4-5 hours or till set.
5- Butterscotch Walnut Ice Cream
No ice cream machine? No problem because now you can make a perfect creamy and nutty ice cream at home with any special equipment. Follow Butterscotch Walnut Ice Cream by Chef Shireen Anwar and make happy your kids.
- Egg yolks 3
- Brown sugar 1/3 cup/ 5 tbsp
- Butter scotch essence 1 tsp
- Milk powder 3 tbsp
- Corn syrup 2 tbsp
- Unwhipped cream 1 cup
- Whipped cream 2 cups
- Butter 3 tbsp
- Brown sugar ¾ cup/7 tbsp
- Walnut ½ cup (chopped)
- Beat egg yolks, 1/3 cup brown sugar and butter scotch essence until thick and creamy.
- Add milk powder and beat then add corn syrup and beat.
- Add unwhipped cream and beat. Now add whipped cream and beat on low speed.
- Shift the batter in an air tight container and freeze for 8 hours. After that take out, it will semi frozen; add crushed toffee in it and softly mix. Again freeze for 4 hours or until completely set.
- Melt the butter in pan; add ¾ cup brown sugar and walnut. Cook until sugar melt and it become like caramel.
- Grease a stainless steal plate or tray and spread toffee mixture on it. When toffee is set, crush it.
6- Praline Ice Cream
Praline ice cream my favorite 🙂 Follow this easy recipe and make homemade Praline Ice Cream for your family. If you don not have lemon essence then add vanilla essence. Enjoy a great flavor of ice cream in summer season.
- Sugar 4 tbsp
- Chopped almonds 2 tbsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
For Ice cream
- Cream 1-½ cup
- Sugar 1/3 cup
- Milk ½ cup
- Butterscotch essence 1-½ tsp
- Lemon colour few drops
- For the praline, in a pan, add in the sugar and caramelize it on low flame stirring often.
Once it caramelizes, add in the almonds and butter. Stir well, transfer the mix to greased plate, and let it cool.
- Once it is cooled, take it out from plate and then crush the praline disc to small chunks consistency.
- For Ice Cream: Beat the cream till stiff. Once its doubled in volume add in sugar and beat it to form peaks.
- Once its whipped add in milk, crushed praline, butterscotch essence and mix well.
- Add some lemon color and mix well. Freeze in an airtight container, remove after few hours and beat well and then let freeze overnight and serve
7- Blender Strawberry Ice Cream
Strawberry is one of delicious fruit and often use for dessert garnishing. In this strawberry season learn making ice cream with an easy method from Zarnak Sidhwa.
Almost all of us have blender or food processor at home, now use it to make perfect strawberry ice cream.
- Frozen sliced strawberries 10 oz
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Cream 2/3 cup
- Put the frozen strawberries and sugar in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until the fruit is roughly chopped.
- While the blender is running, slowly pour in the cream and blend until fully incorporated.
- Freeze till set.
- Serving with chopped strawberries and more whipped cream.